Thursday, August 12, 2010

That's Too Much, Even For Me


Billy Mitchell has once again raised the bar, setting a new world record on the classic Donkey Kong game, beating out the last title-holder by 1,100 points. However, it took him 2 hours and 42 minutes to set that record. That's a single run of the game.

Now I'm not saying that the record is not impressive - I'd be hard pressed to admit if I could even score 1/10 of what he scores. But when you spend almost an eighth of your day on a single run of the game... it's not the most beautiful mark on your social resume. I can't imagine anyone picking up ladies in a bar by going up to them and saying, "Hey babe... I set the world record for Donkey Kong..." Yeah, no, not going to happen.

Oh, and he didn't just set the record for Donkey Kong - he spent another 4 hours setting the world record for Donkey Kong Jr. I only have three words for you, Mr. Mitchell: Get. Out. More.

No comments:

Post a Comment