Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chaos Rings Ain't Gonna Circle My iPad

So Square Enix took the step to port Chaos Rings over to the iPad, improving the graphics and layout, but overall leaving gameplay untouched - for good reason, I guess. IGN gave it a 9/10, and added it to the Top Apps for the iPad.

But personally, I can't see the appeal in Chaos Rings. I am a huge fan of RPG's, but from what I've heard of Chaos Rings, there is little character development - it's just one monster after another. (By all means, correct me if I'm wrong on this point - I want to find a reason to buy this game) Just because there are good graphics, doesn't mean that the gameplay will be good. After all, 8-bit games like Meat Boy still sell just as well as any other downloadable game.

Until someone gives me a good reason to press that download button, this game stays off my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment