Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm Back!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am finally back from my long hiatus. Like I said in my previous post, I was in China for the duration of the summer break. as Blogger is blocked in China, I had difficulty accessing it. Aside from the one post I made to inform you of the hiatus, I didn't feel the urge to go through all the trouble to post. (Does that make me a bad blogger?)

Let's start off with something controversial that happened over the summer - the Manila Bus incident. I'm pretty sure I share the same opinion with the majority of the world when I say: Police of the Philippines - what were you thinking? Every single step of the rescue process was either completely nonsensical, or poorly executed.

First of all, why in God's name would you ever, ever deny the appeal of someone who has a bus load of hostages, with an M16 to shoot them? That doesn't make any sense! At least

Next, if you're planning a rescue operation, wouldn't you bring in another bus of the same model, and study it to formulate a plan. Oh, you did bring in a bus? Was it the same model? No? Again - what were you thinking?

When the hostage situation started, I think I speak for almost everyone when I say that we expected it to end without bloodshed - the man would either be placated and arrested, or executed with minimum collateral damage. But look out it turned out...

Way to go PNP, yet another mark on your already tarnished record.

2 comments:

  1. i am sorry, but that is hilarious! the Philippine police suck hard!

    ReplyDelete